Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Girlfriends

Girlfriends

I just finished a book about 5 women and a book club. Talks abt friendship and stuff. Corny it may sound to some but it tugs at my heartstrings. Why so? Becoz I have my very own "book club".


2 friends I have known since the start of secondary school. We ended up in the same class and we ended up hanging out. 4 years later, 2 of us went to 2 diff JCs and the other went to poly. The paths we took cannot be anymore different. We, as ppl, cannot be anymore different. After JC & poly, we kinda lost contact for a while. While one went to Australia, 2 stayed behind in NUS. Yes, we were at opposite ends of the campus BUT, on hindsight, that was no excuse not to keep in contact.


Years passed and here we are now. One is a lawyer. One is a soon-to-be Masters holder. I work in a hospital. Looking back, I think we started meeting regularly (again) when I ran into trouble in my relationship. That was almost 4 years ago. I had trouble, they gathered around me, held my hand and helped me through it all. They were there for me when I got married. I'm very sorry I couldn't attend yours, Clara.


I'm away for 2 months and Clara's going away for 6. I won't be seeing her until the end of the year. Will we be able to withstand the distance and keep it going? I think we can. (I still got Mich. Don't run out on me!)


Thank God for girlfriends. Here's to 13 years of friendship. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home