Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Death Valley


Death Valley

I had Fun in Death Valley, fun with a capital F. I've never experienced a road trip so it was something really different for me.

Lemme first introduce my travelling buddies. They are (from left) Clement, Meijia, Augustine and Junyun.

Early Sat Morning (16 Apr)
We set off at past midnite on Friday and we were in the car for so long I lost track of time. Of coz I didn't have the guts to drive initially so I was relegated to the backseat. Twas an SUV, a real big and comfy one so it was a great ride! We got lost once, ended up on a pitch black farmland. Odd to say, it was kinda fun getting lost!

Saturday Afternoon (16 Apr)
Our first stop in Death Valley was at Father Crowley Point. Real scenic and my first taste of the desert to come. We saw 2 fighter jets coming straight at us and they flew right into the valley in front of us! they were moving too fast for us to get any pictures of them. *sigh

Saturday evening (16 Apr)
We then drove around and around and around. It's amazing how large the Valley is. We visited Wilrose Canyon, Salt Creek and the Sand Dunes at sunset. It was beautiful, the way the sun catches the dunes in the evening time. We hiked closer to the sand dunes and I got this picture of ripples in the sand. One of my favourite pictures so far. Pretty huh?





Sunday morning (17 Apr)
We stayed a night in Beatty, Nevada and then hopped on to rhyolite, a ghost town. It used to be the biggest mining towns in Death Valley. I like this picture very much, of the 3 girls at Rhyolite and the mountains as the backdrop.
(From left) Meijia, me and Junyun.


Oh did I mention that I drove from Beatty all the way to Scotty's Castle? Yeah I finally got my nerve to drive. There weren't that many cars in the Valley so I thot it'll be a great time to experience left hand drive. Not as tough as it seemed but it took a lot of getting used to.

After Scotty's Castle, we departed from Death Valley and that took a while too. We had dinner at IHOP (International House of Pancakes). It was Clement's b'day and we bought him dinner.

There are more photos at my Yahoo! Album so do feel free to check it out. Links are on the side.
Sometimes I find myself to be long-winded...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home