Thursday, October 18, 2007

Classic detective novels with a twist

Classic detective novels, with a twist

As you can tell, I haven't been working recently and I happily went PC games shopping with the hubby. I'm not much for PC games because I thought they were a waste of money. However, I didn't mind playing free online games when I got bored...

Anyways, I picked up 2 games featuring Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Arthur C Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. These characters remind me of the hours I spent as a child, pouring over those detective novels. The games actually involve solving a mystery, looking for clues and putting together items to create smoke bombs etc. They certainly are more cerebral, more suited for me rather than the shoot-and-kill sort my hubby favours.

The latest one I'm working on is Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. It's great really but it is made in the form of first person shooter (think Quake/Halo). Unfortunately, I get motion-sickness very easily and my mouse-navigation skills suck. Instead of being able to play the game hours on end, I have to stop and rest every hour.... sigh. I just forced myself to stop playing because I really feel like puking... *green in face*

Oh well... I start work soon. I shouldn't be complaining about the luxury of playing games while everyone else is working

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home