Saturday, August 04, 2007

Museum Cheapskate

Museum cheapskate

I was looking for something to do today and I remembered that on Fridays, the museums open late, till 9pm. What's even better is that it is free entry from 6-9pm. Feeling bored and sorta nostalgic about the newly renovated National Museum, I decided to pay it a visit before I left.

I got there just after 6pm so I qualified for the free entry. Turns out that the History part of the museum closes at 6pm and that leaves the Living part open only. The Living part of the museum covers Food, Film, Photography and Fashion. I hope the History section has got more informative and interesting stuff coz I sure won't pay $10 for just these 4 exhibitions...

On the bright side, there was this small exhibition by a Chinese rock collector who has an extremely interesting collection of rocks/stones which resemble food! "A Banquet in Stone" it was called. Each piece of natural-occuring stone was presented in the manner of some form of food. That was one exhibition which I thought was extremely worth my time. There's an intro picture to it on the website under What's On.

After the remodelling, 2 restaurants/bars were introduced at the ground floor. It's a cool concept to be able to dine in the museum after dark but somehow the loud music from below sorta spoilt the peace and tranquility of the space. (Not like my new wooden clogs were any quieter on the wooden floor.) Oh well..

I still haven't been to the Art Museum and the new ACM at Empress Place. I should go have a look before I go. On the other hand, I do have a date to watch "The King & I" at the Esplanade. Woo hoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home