Friday, June 08, 2007

Being Workaholic

Being Workaholic


Hi my name is Yen Ee, and I'm a workaholic.


When I was growing up, I used to look at people who worked too hard and I wondered - "Why do people torutre themselves that way?" (Admittedly, I am somewhat of a slacker. I like to kick back and relax whenever I can.)


I wondered - "Are they earning a lot of money? Is it worth sacrificing their time for the money and not have time for family, friends and even yourself?"


I wondered.


I recently got myself a job in a MNC after being in a govt organization for 5 years. Talk about going into the "real world". I drive around this little island, meeting clients and working till the dead of night, even on weekends.


I'm lonely. To fill my time, I work. It has become something of a solace to me. I hate for it to be like this, but it is.


Work. Sleep. Eat.


Eating's slowly becoming optional. I don't see myself losing any weight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home